Search this site
Search this site

About Us

Spiddal Dispensary Doctors

Spiddal has been an officially designated district for a dispensary doctor since surgeon Hutchinson was appointed in 1846.

For the next 173 years up until 2019 – a total of 40 doctors have been appointed to fill this post and serve the population of Cois Fharraige.

The geographic area included Moycullen and Leitir Mór initially, but this was later altered to the coastal district between Kncoknagréine and Ros a Mhíl and the North Western area of Glenicmurrin and Seanafeistín.

The current Primary Care Medical Centre was constructed by Drs Cunningham and O’Beirn and opened in 1992.

Spiddal Medical Centre